I have spend some hours today to figure out why I did see my GMaps shape file (located on the server, not client pc) in preview mode in Xcelsius, but exported to the BO Enterprise platform (InfoView) I did not see the GMap. I got the red initialisation error message.
Preview mode Xcelsius:
Exported to InfoView:
I checked troubleshoot page of the shape file on Centigon Solutions’ website.
No luck, as we use Tomcat, the shape file mime type is supported, I use an absolute path, linked to a single cell, when called in web browser I get a response, I used the shape file provided by Centigon Solutions, the crossdomain xml is available. So why then did I not see it in InfoView? Changed shape URL to include the port number and exclude it again.
I added a new GMaps map and set it up again, exported it and then to my surprise I saw my my shapes, even in the old map I saw my shapes. Well I removed the new Map as my old map worked and was configured already, exported again. Checked and ….. It did not work again So again added a new map and checked. My shapes were there again!
Finally I noticed the difference between the 2 maps. THE DEVELOPMENT MODE!!!
So now I exported in production mode and yes!!! I saw my shapes in InfoView
As I am still developing my dashboard, I always check the development mode, which works perfectly in Preview mode Xcelsius and exported in InfoView when I use data ranges. However apparently with shape files the combination of InfoView and Development mode does NOT function.